On October 4th 2022, the “Every Breath You Treat” online conference will bring together (virtually) more than a dozen experts from academia and medicine to share cutting-edge research and insight exploring the effects of air pollution throughout the life course. There will also be the opportunity to get questions answered live by any of our expert speakers. This event to be the first of its kind focused on this subject matter in the UK.
This online conference has been designed by Leeds City Council’s public health and air quality teams specifically for medical professionals, public health workers, and relevant academics anywhere in the UK. It has been accredited for CPD by both the RCP and RCPCH.
From preconception, obstetrics and paediatrics at the start of our lives through to cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cognitive health in later years—this conference will highlight the data and evidence available to inform medical practice and ultimately improve patient outcomes by reducing harm from one of the most significant environmental risks to our health.
Expert speakers include:
- Professor Sir Stephen Holgate, PRC clinical Professor, UKRI Clean Air Champion and Special Advisor to the RP on Air Quality, Faculty of Medicine at University of Southampton
- Adam Balen MBBS, MD, DSc, FRCOG, Professor of Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, Leeds Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
- Dr Ian Mudway, member of the MRC Centre for Environment and Health, Imperial College London
- Dr. Vadivel Pathsarathy, Senior lecturer in Biomedical Science, University of Derby
- Professor Barbara A Maher, Lancaster Environment Centre, University of Lancaster
For more information about the full schedule and speaker list, and to book a place at this event, please register here: Every Breath You Treat – Oct 04 | Hopin. There are a limited number of discounted ‘early bird’ tickets available on a first come, first served basis.